Are you the one who is trying to improve English? Do you feel any difficulties in choosing a right word from English vocabulary? Do you really want to be a fluent English speaker or writer?
Do not get worried! I am here to give you a few tips for improving your English, as someone asked me to write something about it. So, continue reading to get those tips and improve your English too.
1. If you are a beginner then, you have to be confident in making mistakes. Don’t hesitate in speaking. If you’ll make mistakes, you’ll learn.
2. Make a habit of reading English magazines and newspapers.
3. Listening to English poems and watching movies can help you a lot.
4. A best way to improve English is to watch movies with English subtitles and try to read the subtitles loudly.
5. If you are a non-native speaker, get a book in your first language and try to translate it in English. This tip can also help you to write better and make you an efficient writer.
6. I know you are thinking about grammar. The best way to improve English with proper grammar is through reading and talking.
7. Buy children’s books first and then step towards any high-class novel. The grammar can be best corrected through reading dialogues.
8. Try speaking out those dialogues. Talk in English with your friends and family members.
9. Self-talk in English can also help in improving language fluency.
10. Be positive! Enjoy your learning and don’t think that you are not learning English quickly.
11. Take part in debates and be the first person to start the conversation with full confidence.
12. If you are not good at grammar and you are fully confident while speaking English, your confidence will cover up your errors. The thing I want to say is to be ‘confident.’
13. But it doesn’t mean that you don’t need to correct your grammar. Tenses are very important to express your ideas correctly, especially in front of Native-English speakers.
15. You can take an English language course. In this way, you’ll find out many people who are eager to learn English. Talking to them may be good for you to get out of your hesitation and nervousness.
16. There are many mobile dictionary apps that you can download. Download a dictionary and try to learn at least five words daily with pronunciation. I love to use Merriam–Webster Dictionary.
17. After learning words, try to make at least three to five sentences using those words.
18. Make use of those words in your daily speech as much as possible. This is a very good tip to memorize difficult words.
19. Follow such websites that upload posts related to English grammar and vocabulary, for instance, http://wordeng.com
20. Don’t distract yourself! Focus, focus, and focus.
Good Luck! 🙂